Friday, February 11, 2011

OS Update 2

The only news is, there is no news.
All this week I fought the urge to call the radiology facility and ask them if they had been able to satisfy the doctor's request.  I kept telling myself to be patient, but yesterday I decided that 6 days was long enough to wait for the doctor to call back.  I called the oral surgeon's office and talked to the nurse in surgical scheduling.  She couldn't find any new information or additional disks, but she thought that the doctor might have it in his possession.  He only works in that office on Mondays and Fridays.  (That's actually why I called on a Thursday- hoping that if additional communication was needed I could get the ball rolling before he got there.) 

After giving the nurse two phone numbers, I went ahead and called radiology.  I worked in a doctor's office for 3 years- I should have trusted my pushy mother instincts about this.  The receptionist there told me that they had no records of the doctor calling to ask for anything, and so of course they hadn't sent anything.  No post-its on her records.  *Sigh.*
I don't understand this, because I saw the nurse with the phone in her hand as we were leaving the oral surgeon's office.  The doctor said he would call me.  Clearly, someone dropped the ball.  Now, I am expecting phone calls from both offices (the receptionist at radiology was on her way out the door, but was going to call the oral surgeon's office first thing in the morning and then let me know what she found out).  Somebody had better call me with something useful to add, soon.  I'm trying to plan life (crazy, I know) for the next few weeks and it would be great to know whether we need more scans or will be scheduling surgery, and how much school she's going to miss for it.
I snooped around on the doctor's office website and pre- and post-op instructions, and now I just feel sad.  Of course there's nothing specific to her surgery because it's somewhat rare, so all I had to go on was surgery for denture implants or wisdom teeth.  God help us if she gets a black eye, paleface that she is!  That's the news, such as it is. 

2 comments:

  1. I seem to recall eating a lot of pudding after having some teeth out. I can't remember which time. Stock up on pudding, applesauce, popsicles, ice cream (without bits and chunks in it).

    Maybe some soup if you want something a bit healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete